1. Resident drop off only. Proof of residency needed. City utility bill, driver's license,voter or state id.
2. No material from commercial tree trimmers, landscapers, or mowing businesses.
3. Yard waste and brush must not be mixed. Remove plastic bags after dumping yard waste.
4. No brush or yard waste material containing rock or gravel.
5. Brush and logs greater than 4 inches in diameter must be in 4 foot or shorter lengths.
6. Brush less than 4 inches in diameter must be in 6 foot or shorter lengths.
7. The yard operator may refuse any material deemed unsafe or improper.
The yard waste drop-off site is at 104 Kentucky Street. Brush drop off and mulch pick up will be accessed through the Kentucky Street gate on the west side of the maintenance facility. City Staff will assist with loading mulch. Residents can obtain 1 cubic yard (equivalent to 13.5 bags) of mulch at no charge, quantities after that will be sold in bulk.
Effective January 1, 2015 the yard waste drop off site located at 104 Kentucky Street will be operated by the City's Parks department. The hours of operation will remain the same. New rules that apply are as follows:
- Free drop-off for Mexico residents with proof of residency
- Free mulch - 1 cubic yard uncolored free to Mexico residents
- Winter hours: December 1 - February 28 Saturday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.